Need help setting up your BC-PASS account?
Watch this short video to learn how to create your BC-PASS account online.
Trouble Shooting Tips for Getting Your BC-PASS
TIP #1: You’ve pre-registered but aren’t sure what happens next…
“Pre-registering” and “setting up your account” are two separate functions.
If you’ve only pre-registered by providing us with your name, address, and email, it’s now time to “set up your account” by providing additional details, including your vehicle information. There are two ways to do this:
- Set up your account online at BayCityBridgePartners.com by clicking on “Get Your BC-PASS ” or click here. This will take you to our self-serve customer portal.
- Click on the blue box that says “Sign up for an Account”
- Then select “Create a New Account.” The site will walk you through the information required. Be prepared to upload your vehicle registration if you are a City of Bay City resident.
- If you have any questions, call us at (855) 648-4330.
Once your account information is verified by BCBP, we will send your BC-PASS to you in the mail. Expect it to take about two weeks for those to arrive.
- Or, visit us in person at our Customer Service Center at 300 Center Avenue, Suite 101 in downtown Bay City. Find our most current hours of operation here on BayCityBridgePartners.com. One of our friendly customer service reps will help you set up your account and give you a BC-PASS along with instructions for installing it in your vehicle.
TIP #2: You’ve already set up your account online but haven’t received your BC-PASS yet…
Thanks for your patience. If you have successfully created your account online, you can expect to receive your BC-PASS in the mail. Currently, it is taking about two weeks. If you have questions or want to check on your account, call us at (855) 648-4330.
TIP #3: You’ve already set up your account online but weren’t able to input payment information…
We will notify you know when it is time to go into your account to set up payment information. Those choosing the $15/mo subscription will have to upload a valid vehicle registration. If you have any questions, call us at (855) 648-4330.
TIP #4: You came into the BCBP Customer Service Center and got your BC-PASS and are confused about how to set up online access to your account…
One of our customer service representatives created your account while you were at our office. You were given an envelope with your BC-PASS and installation instructions. If you also received an “Important Account Information for Your Records” paper, follow those instructions. If you did not, your envelope should have a customer ID number on the exterior and a 4-digit PIN number on the inside flap. You will use your customer ID and PIN numbers to set up online access to your account using the following instructions.
- Visit BayCityBridgePartners.com and click on “Get Your BC-PASS” or click here. This will take you to our self-serve customer portal.
- Click on the blue box that says “Sign up for an Account”
- Then select “Set Up Online Access to an Existing Account.” The site will walk you through setting up a username and password and eventually adding payment information to your account.
- Helpful tip: your username must be a minimum of 6 characters, with only letters and numbers. You may use your email address for your username, but note that it cannot contain spaces, dots, or underscores. For example, [email protected] will not work because of the “dot.” Instead, we recommend using first letter of first name and last name with no space — such as “jsmith.” If that username is already taken, you may add numbers.
- If you lost or misplaced your Customer ID or PIN, or you do not have a 4-digit PIN number on the inside of your envelope, please contact us at (855) 648-4330 to help you access your account securely or stop back in and we can help you in person.
TIP #5: Having trouble uploading your vehicle registration information (getting an error message)…
Our IT department recently implemented a fix for the file upload issues. We appreciate those who took the time to share their frustrations so we could make this important improvement.
TIP #6: You get hung up online at “create a username”
Your username must be a minimum of 6 characters, with only letters and numbers. You may use your email address for your username, but note that it cannot contain spaces, dots, or underscores.
For example, [email protected] will not work because of the “dot.” Instead, we recommend using first letter of first name and last name with no space — such as “jsmith.” If that username is already taken, you may add numbers.
TIP #7: What kind of vehicle information is required…
You will need to provide the make, model, color, and license plate number for each vehicle that will be crossing the bridge on your account. City of Bay City residents must upload their vehicle registration so we can confirm their address within the city limits.
TIP #8: Confused about how to install your BC-PASS…
The BC-PASS is a small sticker, about 3.5 inches wide by 1 inch tall. It has three things printed on it: the BCBP logo, the words “Bay City Bridge Partners,” and a barcode.
Cars, Trucks, SUVs:
Find a location on your windshield with clean, clear glass free of any factory defrosting or antenna features, as close as possible to the rearview mirror, and place the sticker as instructed with the logo and barcode facing YOU in the vehicle. The overhead gantry will be able to read it just fine!
Your BC-PASS must be mounted on a relatively flat or minimally curved surface, such as the windscreen, fairing or non-metal front fender. It can be affixed to the outside of a rearview mirror if the housing is not metallic. The BC-PASS must be oriented horizontally on whichever location is selected.
Examples of where the BC-PASS can be mounted include:
- Lower center area of the windshield/windscreen
- when installing on the windshield/windscreen it is important to not obstruct the operator’s field of view
- Top or upper area of the headlight cover if the headlamp lighting is not obstructed
IMPORTANT: The BC-PASS cannot be affixed to any metal attachments, such as metal fenders, forks, handlebars, or crash bars. Doing so will render the BC-PASS inoperable.
Step 1. Identify the area to affix the BC-PASS tag in a horizontal orientation. Step 2. Clean and dry area where BC-PASS is to be affixed. A clean surface assures proper adhesion.
Step 3. Peel and remove the backing from BC-Pass, DO NOT BEND the BC-Pass.
CAUTION: Do not attempt to relocate a BC-PASS once it has been installed. It will break and become unusable.
If your BC-PASS is damaged, it cannot be re-used, please visit our Customer Service Center to obtain a replacement.
TIP #9: Customer Service Center hours of operation don’t work for your schedule, and you need someone to walk you through the process…
We hear you. We are working on bringing in additional staff for extended hours. We, too, are dealing with the difficult labor market that most businesses currently face. Meanwhile, please call us at (855) 648-4330.